It’s challenging and equally rewarding to start a small woodworking business from home. Even more so if it is a one-person business as most home based ventures tend to be. These here are a compilation of the popular woodworking posts on the subject of running a small but successful and flourishing woodworking business.
Download the complete guide along with over 500 woodworking plans for best selling wood crafts. Start here.
- Top 10 Wood Items to Make And Sell
It’s great to have great ideas for new projects to sell. In this post we would like to share with you 10 projects that are timeless favourites.
- Start A One-Person Woodworking Business
Why a one person business is a common and even a recommended way of starting a woodworking business from home. It is easy to set up and has many advantages. Learn how you can get started on your own.
- What Woodwork to Build
Address the commonest query of starting a woodworking business. What woodworking craft or furniture should you make that is both uncomplicated to build and profitable to sell.
- 7 Ideas and Concepts For A Woodworking Business – There’s so much you can do with woodworking. Here are 7 specialised ideas and categories you can start your woodworking business in.
- How to Start With Your Current Skills Starting a woodworking business with a current skill set is not only possible but highly recommended. Learn how you can use any level of ability to start a woodworking business and then grow into other specialisations per your choice.
- How to Setup a Woodshop
Setup a great woodshop even in a limited space. Learn how you can make a workplace that is safe and productive. Learn to use space efficiently so that you can do more, in less time, working mostly by yourself.
- 9 Wood Craft Ideas That Sell
Use these popular woodworking craft and furniture categories for your own woodworking business. These woodworking items are always in demand and have a proven track record of many years of being high selling woodworking products.
- Wood Toy Projects
Discover the secret behind why wooden toys can be the highest selling crafts you make.
- 7 Great Ideas For A Woodworking Business
Everyone knows that there is tons you can do with a woodworking skill. These are 7 different ideas for 7 different kinds of woodworking businesses you can start.
- 10 Safety Habits For Every Woodworker
Every woodworker should know this. Safety in the woodshop comes before everything else. A quick revision of the do’s and dont's in the wood shop.
- 7 Things That Usually Go Wrong In A Woodshop and How To Fix Them
You will know this when you read it. These are mistakes or problems that most commonly occur with every woodworker. Learn the easy fixes to your woes.
- 10 Great Ways To Improve Your Woodworking Knowledge and Skill
Learn more and build better. That’s the motto. Here are some easy and effective ways to learn woodworking from the scratch or to get more savvy.
- Complete Guide To Buying Wood, Veneer, Plywood And Sheet Goods
Learn all there is to know about different kinds of hardwoods, softwoods, veneer, plywood and all kinds of sheet goods. Make the right choice.
All About Tools
- 21 Must Have Tools For A Woodworking Business A list of must have tools to run an efficient woodworking business.
- How To Measure, Mark And Cut Wood
Measure twice and cut once. Never again make a mistake with measuring and cutting your woodworking projects.
- 7 Kinds Of Hand Saws
The 7 handsaws you cannot do without in your wood shop.
- How To Use Planes
Smoothing The Wood By Hand.
- How To Use Chisels To Clean, Make Cuts And Joints.
- How To Sharpen Hand Tools On A Stone
- Using Portable Power Saws
Circular Saw And Jigsaw.
- The Table Saw
A must read if you are in the market for purchasing a table saw. Especially if it’s your first one.
- The Band Saw
Learn more about this must have power tool if you want to get into some serious shaping of wood.
- The Woodworking Router
One of the most versatile tool in a woodshop and how you can make the best use of it.
- Commercial Woodworking Tools – Do You Need Them?
Even though some resources may have you believe that you need commercial woodworking tools to run a woodworking business, read this post to learn how you can get the best out of your existing set of tools without investing highly in commercial grade tools.
- How To Cut Enormous Costs On Wood, Tools and Woodworking Supplies
Learn how to save money on all your woodworking supplies and materials, whether you are buying for a professional job or a pet project for home.
- Hiring Help – Does Your Woodworking Business Need It?
Hiring help has its own share of complications. Learn where to get the help you need when you need it without complicating the taxation and revenue affairs of the woodworking business.
- Advance Payment Policy
Learn one of the most important principle of accepting payment for your woodworking jobs and contracts. How to accept advance payment and how to avoid loss on any woodworking job, always.
- Photo Albums, Blogs and Websites
Learn more about creating your portfolio of work with photo albums, digital albums and online photo galleries. Discover the advantages of creating simple one page websites and how you can get them setup in minutes.
Getting And Dealing With Customers
- 4 Really Cheap Ways to Promote Your Woodworking Business
A business is nothing if you do not have customers. Discover some great and really cost-effective ways of advertising your woodworking business that deliver targeted customers without putting a dent in the business cad flow.
- How To Deal With A Potential Customer
It takes work to convert a potential customer in to a paying customer. Learn the ways you should deal with a new potential customer so that you either make the sale or get the woodworking job in the offing.
- Giving Customer Service – Dealing With Complaints
Learn to follow-up and deal with compliant and turn a complaining customer in to a lifelong customer who gives you more revenue and refers more sales to your woodworking business.
- Working for Contractors and Government Contracts.
The important things to keep in mind when doing woodworking jobs for other contractors. Learn if you should take these jobs, and what to expect if you do.
We highly recommend you download the following woodworking resource. It is all you need to make a great income with your woodworking skills.