Product assembling from home is the kind of work that involves putting together things like crafts, toys and small furniture. This post is about home assembly jobs that do not require advanced skills. You can assemble these products by basically cutting and gluing.
Please DO NOT forget to read important instructions at the bottom of this page.
Update on the product assembling jobs
This article was published several years ago when craft and product assembly was being discussed on several well-known online forums as a home based work opportunity. Since then, most of the companies listed below have shut down and it is safe to believe that this ‘work at home’ opportunity was dubious to begin with.
There is no reliable record of anyone making a substantial and sustainable income doing craft and product assembly work from home. There were some good ones like the New England Crafters but even these do not seem to be working anymore.
The information on these product assembly jobs is still listed because a lot of people are still looking for this information, and we would like them to have the correct information.
If you are interested in working from home using your art and craft skills, head over to our craft business sections from the menu above. You will also enjoy reading:
Home Based Product Assembly Work – Only Cutting & Gluing Required
1. ANGEL PIN CREATIONS
This company requires their assemblers to put together “Angel Lapel Pins” made out of wired ribbon, wire beads, no sewing involved. No quota’s or time frames imposed on you. Money back guarantee. Live customer service. 100% shipping cost reimbursed. They will pay $2.50 for each completed Angel Pin.
Valerie’s Hattery used to be a fun and real company to work with. But seems to be inactive now.
- Adress: Valerie’s Hattery Inc., PO Box 5250, Traverse City, MI 49696-5250. Phone: (231) 421-5157
2. ANGELIC CREATIONS (Same company as above)
These upper-scale country angels are easy assembling. They are 16 inches high and made of muslin, paper twist, and strings of pearls, ribbon and roses. The only tool needed is a pair of scissors. They pay $14.00 for 12 angels made. They provide all materials needed.
3. VALERIE’S HATTERY, INC. (Same company as above)
This company assembles little potpourri bonnets. No experience is needed. They will pay $16.00 for 12 bonnets and since each one can be completed in 5 minutes you can make easy money in just one hour.
4. BOOKMARK-IT (Same company as above)
A craft by a guy for guys! They pay $10.00 for every 40 bookmarks you send them. Their bookmarks are made with only 3 materials and require NO SEWING! Materials are FREE! They have a customer phone line, accept all major credit cards, have a great refund policy and they are members of the Better Business Bureau! In business since 1991! Want a sample of the bookmark- send $5.00 or 14 loose first class stamps.
5. ARTISAN CORPORATION OF AMERICAN
ARTISAN is one of the largest home assembly companies in the U.S. and has been retailing and wholesaling handcrafted jewellery for many years. You can work for them by assembling their jewellery designs and will pay $155.00 for a half set (30 pairs) of earrings that are made according to their standards. You can earn a maximum of $310.00 per week.
Artisan is the only jewellery home assembly company that uses one simple basic technique in all its designs. This technique is based on simple American Indian Beaded Jewellery.
They pay $7.00 to $20.00 each and offer individuals the opportunity to make unlimited production. No experience is necessary. This home assembly job welcomes beginners. They offer you 50 different styles of earrings to choose from. They have been in business since 1990. Complete easy to follow instructions will be provided to you on how to make Artisan jewelry.
- Address: P.O. Box 10472,
Mt Washington, MD 21209.
Phone: (410) 585-1455, (800) 863-1374 Fax: (410) 585-0081, http://www.artisancorp.com
6. COTTAGE INDUSTRIES
You need patience to do this assembling work because the items are small. There are many items to choose from. A miniature jewellery box is one of the items you can assemble for them and they will pay you $5.00 for each box. There is no limit on the number of items you can return to them. For a colour brochure and complete information send 2 loose stamps to the address above.
- Phone: (407) 872-0588 (Disconnected), Fax: (407) 872-0599,
- Address: PO Box 568904, Orlando, FL – 32856
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Website: http://www.cotind.com.
(Phone number and website not working. Business is most likely closed)
7. CUDDLY COWS
This assembling job requires you to assemble little cow refrigerator magnets made from felt. The only tools needed are straight pins, scissors and glue. No experience is needed. They will pay $20.00 for one completed unit (12) magnets made to their quality standards. You can assemble 4 units per month. This company reimburses for postage.
- Address: Edie’s Elephant Company 11362 Appleton Redford, MI 48240 Phone Number: (313) 255-6485
8. DESERT DESIGN
All that is needed to assemble these products is to cut, fold and glue them. They will accept 4 units per week per product. Each unit consists of 36 pieces. For every 4 units completed you will receive $520.00, that is $110.00 per unit plus an additional $20.00 to cover supply cost. Their products consist of: Glamour Bow, Princess Hair Tie, Fabric Gift Box.
Desert design has been in business for 15 years. This home assembly job offers customer service & technical support.
- Contact: Phone: (775) 782-4537 Fax: (775) 782-6093. Address: 1420 Industrial Way STE 1, Gardnerville, NV – 89410-5744
9. EASY COASTING
Assemble these coasters while watching TV. They are made from plastic canvas and stitched with yarn. Make a unit of six and they will pay you $20.00. They accept 3 orders per month.
- Contact Address: 11362 Appleton Redford, MI 48240, Phone: (313) 255-6485
10. ENCHANTED HEARTS
The only tools needed are a glue gun and a sharp pair of scissors. These 3-inch wooden hearts, wrapped in satin ribbon and lovely bouquet of roses with streamers are easy to assemble. Follow simple instructions and illustrations.
They supply all materials with a small deposit. They pay by the unit (12) hearts per unit. You will be paid $7.40 for approximately one hour’s work. This co. is in good standing with all consumer agencies.
- Contact: Phone: (248) 543-4031 Address: P.O. Box 359, Eastpointe, MI 48021
11. ELECTRONIC LABORATORIES
Assemble printed circuit boards at home. This company pays $4.09 for each board assembled. It takes less than 20 minutes to put together one board. They claim to have been in business for past 22 years. If you do happen to write to them, definitely ask for a phone number to speak to someone in person.
You can apply online http://electronic-laboratories.com/ or write to them on:
- Address: Electronic Laboratories, Microcontrollers. P.O. PO Box 5164,Rome GA 30162
12. EZ-MARK – RETS, INC.
This company produces and distributes quality hand crafted specially designed bookmarks. Assemble 35 bookmarks (1unit) and receive $117.50 plus $15.00 for supplies. They accept 3 units per week. You can earn $352.50 weekly. This business also goes by the names of JD’s Keychains and Sonrise Greeting Cards.
- Contact: Rets, Inc. Phone: (601) 845-5028,
- Address: 103 Sharanne Lane, Brandon, MS 39042-942
- EASY MARK BY RETS, P.O. Box 504, Dept AHLF, Florence, MS 39073
13. EASYMARK BOOKMARKS INC.
In your kit you receive easy to follow instructions, clear diagrams and the material needed to make your first full unit of EZ-Mark Bookmarks!
For 35 quality bookmarks, you will be paid $117.50 for the bookmarks that meet quality inspection, and $15.00 for the supplies and shipping.
This is a total of $132.50 per unit! We will buy up to 3 units per week. Supplies are easy to find at any Craft stores or you may get the materials from us.
This is to get your account set up in our system and the start up kit, which contains enough materials to make your first full unit of 35 bookmarks. Your kit will be mailed within 24 business hours after we receive your order.
- Phone Customer Service: 800-853-1154
- Address: Easymark Bookmarks Inc P.O.Box 504 Florence, MS 39073.
14. SON RISE GREETINGS
This company produces and distribute quality, handcrafted, specially designed, cross-stitched greeting cards, which are suitable for any occasion.
The start up kit cost is $20.00, the registration is $12.00 and the shipping and handling is $7.95 that totals to be a one-time fee of $39.95. When you sign up, we will rush your start up kit to you!
In your kit, you get easy to follow instructions, clear diagrams, a customer help number and all the materials needed to assemble your first unit of greeting cards!
For each unit that passes quality control, you get $126.00 for the work and $20.00 reimbursement for the supplies and postage, which totals to be $146.00 per unit We will purchase a maximum of 4 units per week and a minimum of 1 unit per 60 days.
After we purchase your 4th unit, we will send your registration fee back to you! You can purchase your supplies at your local Wal-Mart or a craft store, but you are reimbursed for supplies when we purchase units from you.
- Phone Customer Service: 800-644-8419.
- Address: Sonrise Greeting Cards Inc. P.O.Box 510 Florence, MS, 39073
This is a company that offers different products and crafts to assemble from home. It lists 4 other companies under it, Kalas Crafts, Gussie’s Gift, Hands On Hobbies and Makin It Easy. You will find them all listed here with their contact details. Visit their website on www.craftstocash.com. One of the few businesses that are still online.
- Address: 2055 Panola Road, Ellenwood, GA 30294 Business hours: Monday – Friday 9-5 EST.
The contact details including toll-free and customer care phone numbers for Kala’s Crafts, Gussies Gifts, Hands On Hobbies and Makin It Easy can be found on: http://craftstocash.com/contact-us/
16. GUSSIE’S GIFTS, INC
This company offers a variety of home assembling jobs. These are some of the products in their brochure that one can assemble from home:
- Flower Girl Door Hanger – Made with macramé’ cord, ribbon, 3” brass ring. They will pay $125.00 per 25 units. Potential earrings $1,350.00.
- Happiness Bells – These beautiful 2 inch bells are made of imitation pearls and are popular for weddings and special occasions. Simply string loose pearls together using a needle & thread. They will pay $120.00 for a unit of 20 bells.
- Dream Catchers – Three inch mini dream catchers are always a hit. They will show you how they are made. Using a 3 inch metal ring, hemp cording, pony beads, feathers & string. You can make these lovely Indian icons. No tools required. The will pay $125.00 for every unit of 25 dream catchers. Send in up to 3 units per week.
- Customer Care Toll Free: 1-800-574-2115, or
Customer Service: 770-389-7395
17. HANDS ON HOBBIES (Same company as above)
This home assembly job is again a glue and scissors job. The product to assemble is an angel magnet and constructed of quality fabric, lace and wood. They pay $120.00 per unit of 30. They accept 3 units per week. Earn $1,440.00 per month.
- Toll Free: 1-866-862-5841, or Customer Service: 770-474-2364 http://craftstocash.com/hands-on-hobbies/
18. KALAS KRAFTS, INC
This company makes a product called “Pen Pets” which is a desktop holder for pens and pencils, while keeping notes, business cards and photos on constant display.
Supplies needed are cardboard mailing tube; 20-gauge wire and craft form sheets. They pay $125.00 for 25 pen holders. This company is a member in good standing with Henry County Chamber of Commerce. Earning potential is $1,500.00 monthly.
- Toll Free: 1-800-576-1066, or
Customer Service: 770-507-6296
19. MAKIN’ IT EASY, INC.
Assemble 4 X 6 cloth and lace frames. This company is a member of Henry County Chamber of Commerce. They will pay you $112.50 per unit of 25 frames. They will reimburse you for supplies plus $5.00 in shipping when you return the complete frames. Earning potential is $1,350.00 monthly.
- Toll Free: 1-800-642-8702, or Customer Service: 770-389-9833
20. HOMESPUN PRODUCTS
HOMESPUN is looking for people to assemble their line of beaded jewellery products at home. They are a family owned corporation and have offered their product line made by independent assemblers since 1989.
They offer a choice of several product for assembling including, beaded earrings, hair clips, and evening purses. Choose one or all the items to make. You can work from home making jewellery for them. Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for information.
- Contact: P.O. Box 3338 Fairfield, CA 94533
This company has promoted a specific craft design. This is called the “Butterfly Flower”. Its fun to do and no special skills are needed. They pay $114.50 per unit and they accept 3 units per week. Earn $342.15.
- Contact: PO Box 748 WN Franklington, NC 27525.
22. IDEAL CRAFT COMPANY
Assemble “Crystal Beaded Christmas Spiders”. They are made with crystal beads & gold wire. The only tools needed are a glue gun and scissors. They will pay you $19.50 for each unit.
There are 24 spiders in a unit. These spiders take only minutes to make. They will supply all material with a small deposit, which you will receive back once you have completed the product. They pay all postage. This company is in good standing with all consumer agencies.
(Mail sent returned, business probably closed)
- Contact: (248) 543-4031, 543-4031, 543-4031 (248) 643-9322, Address: 740 W. Eleven Mile Road Madison Heights, MI 48071.
23. THE BOO-BOO BUNNY (Same company as above)
Assembling toy bunny by simply folding a washcloth, held with a rubber band and applying felt ears, nose, eyes, and tail. Scissors and Glue gun needed. They pay $17.25 for each unit of 10 bunnies. This company has been in business since 1989.
24. LISA’S FANCY HAT SACHETS (Same company as above)
This company has been employing people since 1990 to assemble their beautiful hat sachets. These take only a few minutes to assemble. They provide all materials for a small deposit and they pay all postage. They have a customer service line to help you and answer your questions. They pay $18.80 for each unit of 12 sachets.
25. MERRY CREATIONS
This company will pay you $30.00 per unit of 10 Christmas ornaments you assemble. This company has been in business over 12 years.
- Contact: Phone: (407) 381-0236. Address: 12472 Lake Underhill Rd., Orlando, FL 32828
26. NEW ENGLAND CRAFTERS & THE MAGICAL GIFT COMPANY
This is one of the largest home assembly companies. They have over 25 items to assemble. No experience necessary. US and Canadian residents only. This used to be on of the genuine product assembly jobs out there. The proof was that these guys used to have a real brick and mortar store where they used to sell the stuff they got the assemblers to make.
Their products include painting, fiber, clay, glue gun and sewing projects. They claim double pay for the first 30 days. The also pay $100.00 holiday bonus for top producers. Visit there web site for a large verity of items to make, or send them a SASE for more information.
- Assemble CD CASES – Pays $400 for 4 Units.
- Put together a MAMMA CLAUSE DRESS – Pays $300 for assembling 6 Units.
- Assembling TINY TUTU – Pays $100 for 2 Units.
- REINDEER – Pays $450 for making 6 Units.
- SNOWMAN – Pays $450 for making 6 units of Snowman.
- SHEEP – Making 9 Units gets you $450.
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE – Assembling 6 of these pays $450.
- TOE RING SET – Pays $450 for making 6 complete units.
- Contact: Phone: (860) 482-3955, Fax: (860) 482-4633 Website: http://www.magicalgift.com. Address: 38 Main St Torrington, CT 06790-5303
27. NORTHWEST CRAFT
Assemble String marionette puppets. They are 18” tall- wood framed. All parts are pre-cut & pre drilled. They pay $8.00 per puppet. Limited 50 puppets. Earn $400.00 per week.
Contact: (405) 256-1524, Address: 2006 E. 2nd Street, Woodward, OK – 73801
This company has been in business for 10 years. They need serious home assemblers to assemble flowers. They pay $70.12 for labor, plus $53.16 for materials for each box of 24 dozen flowers. Earn $369.84 weekly per family.
- Contact: Phone: (520) 356-6923 Address: 9820 N. Malpais, Winkelman, AZ 85192
29. STRING ART
You will be paid $39.37 per completed picture. They will accept a maximum of 16 String Art pictures per week for $630.00.
- Contact: Phone: (937) 599-1293 Fax: (937) 599-1793. Address: 500 N Main St Apt 1, Bellefontaine, OH – 43311. http://www.lattimermarketing.com
30. SUNLIGHT KITCHEN COLLECTABLE
Hand-sew or cross-stitch towel holders or children’s placemats. This company pays $100.00 for a completed unit of towel holders or children’s placemats. One unit consists of 20. You can submit 3 units weekly.
- Contact: Phone: (707) 446-6316. Address: PO Box 700, Vacaville, CA – 95696-0700. http://www.amerhomecraft.qpg.com
31. CALIFORNIA COASTAL JEWELRY DESIGNS
Work from home by assembling Hollywood designers costume jewellery. Company needs independent workers to assemble glass-beaded earrings. Up to $290.00 weekly. No experience necessary. Special projects available are also for interested assemblers. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address.
- Contact Address: 315 S Coast Hwy 101 #U PMB 533 Encinitas, CA 92024
32. THE PIN JEWEL COMPANY
They manufacture and distribute the “Pin Jewel Bracelet”. This bracelet is designed with safety pins and crystal beads and strung together with silver cording. No experience or tools needed to assemble this jewellery bracelet. They will pay for all materials and return postage.
You will be paid 22.00 for every unit of 12 jewellery bracelets you submit to the company. You can even come up with your own designs, they allow it. This company is in good standing with all consumer agencies. Send a SASE for more information
- Contact Address: P.O. Box 224, Eastpointe, MI 48021
33. TINY DETAILS
This company makes beautiful and realistic dollhouse miniature accessories. There is such a large variety of items to assemble for this company. You need to view their web site. The web site shows each item what it entails and how much money they pay. Here is a list of the crafts listed for assembly.
- Chinese Take Out Sets will pay $100.00 for 50 sets.
- Dairy Set will pay $85.00 for 50 sets.
- Cream Cheese boxes will pay $50.00 for 100 pieces.
- Gold Tinsel Box will pay $75.00 for 100 pieces.
- Playing cards will pay $50.00 for 100 bags of playing cards.
- Silverware Chests will pay $60.00 for 10 chests with drawers or $50.00 for 10 chests without drawers.
- Make Spiral Notebook sets will pay $200.00 for 50 completed bags of notebook sets.
- Magazine Racks pays for $50.00 for 20 racks.
- Victorian calling card pays $50.00 for 100 bagged sets of calling cards
- union Pacific Calendar pays $50.00 for 100 completed calendars.
- Tiny Books pays $50.00 for 50 bagged books
- Memo and journal books pays $50.00 for 50 bagged memo Books.
- Contact Address: P.O. BOX 85 GROTON,NY-13073-0085.
Order Department Phone: 877 489 2900.
Service Dept. Phone: 607 898 9046.
Fax: 607 898 9132.
34. TONGUE RIVER BOWS
They need workers to assemble their suede leather hair bows. They request that the product be completed and returned by units of 10 bows each. They will pay you $60.00 gross and $2.00 shipping. They will accept a maximum of five units per week.
- Contact Address: TONGUE RIVER BOWS P.O. Box 6399-W Sheridan, WY 82801
35. WESTERN LEATHER CREATIONS
They are looking for people to hand tool their leather key chains. They request that their product be completed and returned by units of 20 pieces each. For each unit they will pay you $60.00 for production plus $15.00 for supply cost reimbursement. They pay shipping up to $2.00 per unit. Earn $77.00 per unit. No Quota mentioned.
- Contact Address: 1842 Sugarland Dr # 108 Ste 159 Sheridan, WY – 82801-5775. Phone: (307) 655-9648
These are some important steps that you should follow, not only when looking for product assembling jobs, but for any other kind of opportunity that you come across online, specially for working remotely from home.
Follow these instructions if you are interested in working with any craft assembling company.
- Make sure the offer is clear and they tell you exactly what the job involves. The company offering the home based job should have a physical address.
- Do not trust a P.O. Box address unless you can speak with them over the phone and confirm their real address and details.
- Do not send any money till you have got in touch with some one, preferably over phone or in person.
- Always CALL first. If the number is not listed on this page, check the business name on the website of the better business bureau. They usually have more information on the businesses including additional addresses and phone numbers.
If there is still no number listed, the phone is out of order or no one seems to be taking your call, move on. This business is probably not worth your time and effort/it is not a legit business at all.
- Mail returned or a phone number out of service is a red warning flag that the business either no longer exists or is not a legit one. Avoid any dealings with them.
- More information can be found out about ALL of the names listed below by going to the website of Better Business Bureau, i.e. www.bb.org. From the homepage, click on “All locations”. On the next page just type out the name of the business in the search bar on top.
- Clarify all details and doubts you have regarding the home based work.
- Avoid the offers to work from home where they are not clear about the work that you will be doing and only give a number where you can leave messages.
- Do not send money to any company. At least not until you can speak with a customer care person and satisfy yourself that the money is for a genuine reason.
- Try to ensure that the company has been in business for a few years, with a good reputation with the consumer agencies.
- Ask for referrals of people who are working for them currently.
- Please understand that product assembly jobs are not a reliable way to earn money from home. Many of the businesses we speak about on this blog have shut down and the others are of unclear origins.
The Better Business Bureau claims that there is no record of anyone having made a substantial income from this work for a sustained period of time. All information provided here and in the downloads is for informational purposes only.
Please do not send money to mere P.O. Box addresses without conforming legitimacy. We keep investigating these and more work from home offers and would really appreciate your feed back. If you have any experience with working from home making craft items, please tell us.